Industry Sector: Resources
THE POWER OF THE CAPITAL GROUP
AND ITS ALLIANCE PARTNERS
The power of Capital’s group approach is greater than the sum of the individual elements.
Capital harnesses the power of its alliance partners into a united delivery which provides:
- General Counsel
- Investor, financial and resource media relations including activities such as:
- High impact, quick delivery direct to investors through global investor platforms
- Televisual news platform with global delivery
- Independent analyst reports with value enhanced through the analyst’s own following and broker contacts
- Assistance with investor/broker contact program in Australia and overseas
- Facilitating roadshow meetings in Australia and overseas
- Facilitation of introduction to special purpose resource funds, ethical investment funds and superannuation funds
- Facilitation of introductions to broker contacts to assist with capital raisings
- Provision of independent analyst reports
- Facilitation of corporate search for Board and senior management executives
- Monitoring of media and Australian broker/investor perceptions
- Capital works daily with financial and resource media across Australia and our own good standing with these journalists and editors is a crucial part of the value-add we provide to clients, which includes:
- media relationship building, general profile raising, program of one-on-ones with selected finance media
- Distribution of ASX and media announcement releases directly to more than 100 individual finance, wire services, and resource journalists across Australia and New Zealand, and selected international media.
In-house Mandarin capability
Capital has an in-house Chinese language capability — including daily interaction with the Chinese media in Australia and Hong Kong, and the provision of a range of services from translation into Mandarin of website pages, media releases and marketing documents for a variety of clients
Capital, which in 2011 is celebrating its 22nd year in business, brings to the table a wealth of communications and strategy experience in capital raisings and ongoing financial communications for public companies in the resources and other sectors both in Australia and overseas.
Capital’s senior consultants have been the lead communications’ counsel for an extensive range of listed companies, including IPOs and takeover defence activities. The range of companies includes mining and oil and gas companies, medical and biotech companies.
The Capital team members own career experience includes hands-on international business management and resource company Board leadership roles including managing director, chairman and company secretary, and working careers in financial and resource media including writing and producing international resource publications — and investor relations.
The Capital team has a particularly strong background in both the mining and the oil and gas sector, including coal bed methane gas.
Capital is accustomed to working across international jurisdictions and our range of clients include many operations and projects overseas including, New Zealand, PNG, Indonesia, Fiji, Europe, North America, Latin America, Thailand, India and China.
Capital provides value-add activities through our relations with brokers, investment and advisory houses in addition to our strong network with resource and business media. Capital’s role in this regard may range from introduction of potential support brokers and equity and debt providers to encouraging analyst coverage, and raising the company’s profile with them.
Capital’s knowledge across the spectrum of corporate, investor and media relations offers the opportunity to reach a wide range of target media in the business, financial and resource sectors. In addition we deliver a multi-layered communication program reaching a broad range of key stakeholders from the financial community to a broad band of potential investors.
Capital is extremely well placed to assist with IPO marketing and publicity for listing on ASX and AIM. Capital has also run profiling campaigns for AIM and NASDAQ within Australia.
CAPITAL’S ADD ON VALUE
Capital’s add on value and advantage is our ability to deliver a comprehensive multi-layered investor relations and financial media package integrated into one cohesive unit in which all the elements are harnessed together for maximum impact.
The effectiveness of the integration is delivering a complete united focus of the various communications elements towards the planned marketing targets and the special ability of ensuring that all the elements are dovetailed in their timing and implementation for optimum effect in the marketplace.
Critically, it ensures that nothing in the communications area happens in isolation, is neglected, or loses value because of wrong timing.
Importantly, the communication activities are managed and linked directly to the timeline matrix of the client”s activity trigger points and milestones.
Additionally, because of the seamless internal communication, there is total flexibility to adapt to changing timelines or take advantage of new client profiling opportunities as they arise.